Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Vacation

My family has just gotten back from a much needed family vacation.  It has been 14 years since we have went on a true family vacation.   All the other times, our vacation was centered around baseball. 

We decided, as a family, to go on a cruise this year.  I have always wanted to go on one, but had some doubts about going.  I was always concerned about getting sea sick because I have a time with my inner ear.  Also, I was afraid I have trouble with the small rooms.  None on these things happened. 





It was the most incredible vacation we have taken.  I so loved the cruise.  People have asked me what the favorite part was for me.  There are so many things, the wonderful food, entertainment, the being waited on, and the list goes on and on.  However, the most amazing part to me was NOT having use of our cell phones - no texting, no facebook and no talking on the phone.  This was not only hard for my kids but for me as well.  The amazing part was we had conversations with ourselves!!  Especially at meal times - NO PHONES!!  I think this is something we will have to carry out at home - during meal times. 

The cruise was so relaxing.  If you need to get away from things, a cruise is the way to go.  You are so cut off from the world.  It is great!!  I highly recommend taking one. 



Now ... back to reality and back to work.  I am so thankful that God worked it out that we got the chance to take the cruise and I got to relax - even if it was for just a week.  I am truly blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment