Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Oct 6th

I have been thinking a lot the past couple of days about goals.  I haven't ever been one to set goals.  In the past, I just haven't been good at hitting whatever goal that I set.  I guess I would set them and do nothing; then wonder why I didn't hit it. 

In the new book that I am reading - Act like a Success - Think like a Success by Steve Harvey.  In the chapters that I read this weekend really emphasized setting goals.  That is really is important.  This is what he says in the book:

Goals are essential because they give you realistic, measurable, and specific targets.  They are necessary benchmarks that give you the energy, confidence and assurance to keep moving in the right direction toward your dreams.  They can also serve as a handy map for attaining your dreams.

So, I am going to sit down and write out me some goals.  I do have several areas of my life that I am working towards a specific thing.  One of the things I am working on is losing weight.  This is a journey I have been on for awhile.   But something that I really want - really bad.  So, goals I will set.  In this area, I am going to set small goals so that I can use them as stepping stones to keep going. 

I do have other areas, but I think I will concentrate on this one at the moment.  I can do this ....

The goals shapes the plan - The plan shapes the action - The action achieves the results and The results brings success.
From Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell

Now to get busy .... to be continued



No comments:

Post a Comment