Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dec. 10

I had surgery almost three weeks ago.  The doctor took out both of my ovaries and a big mass of scare tissue that was attached to my colon.  The doctor told my husband that he understood why I was in so much pain and that he got it all.  I am so so thankful that I made the decision to go to another doctor.  I would probably be in the same situation I was before I changed doctors.  I would probably still be in pain and strung out on pain meds.  I realized now - that I was not really functioning too well.  I was in more pain than I thought at the time.

That is all behind me now.  Another journey that I have gone down and I am coming out on the other side.  I have so much to be thankful for during this journey and so many things I have learned.  I have learned that it is ok to ask for help.  We really don't have to do everything ourselves and as a woman, wife and mother - I am so use to doing it all myself.   I also learned that when God brings us to something He will give us what we need to make it through.

I am reminded of all that I have been through and I have been through a lot.  Not as much as some people and I am grateful because it could be always be worse.  I guess the worse time was when I had my thyroid removed and found out I had cancer.  That was the longest 6 months of my life and the hardest.  I had to go through two surgeries, radiation iodine (which meant 3 days of isolation), then the many tests to make sure they got all my thyroid out and that I didn't have any more cancer cells and all this time without taking my thyroid medication.  If you don't have thyroid issues you really can't understand what being hypothyroid is like.  It is so hard on people and hard to explain.  I remember one time trying to fold a load of clothes and I was so out of breathe and it wiped me out.  I had 3 small kids at the time.  They were wonderful through the whole process, but I would sit and cry because that summer they just had to stay at home and take care of their mom.

Even as bad as my worse day that year, I still got through it.  I came out ok and my kids survived.  This is just one of the many stories that I have of going through a journey.  I have had seven surgeries since the first thyroid removal surgery.  And I have come through them all ..... and I will come through the next one too.  I know that as long as I have God with me I can make it through anything.

Thank you God for being with me and my many journeys and for getting me through each and everyone of them.  Most of all .. for making me stronger in the process.  I am truly blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment