Saturday, December 27, 2014

Dec. 27th - Sat

Christmas was amazing this year!!  I just love spending time with family and friends.  I love the look on my kids faces when they open up their presents and got what they asked for.  The food this year was awesome.  We had ham, dressing, sweets and we even tried cooking Duck for the first time.  It was really good.  I can't wait to cook another one. 

As Christmas time comes to a close and the New Year is right around the corner.  It is a time I like to reflect on the past year and what the new year will hold.   I have been doing just this the past couple of days.  I have been working on my goals for 2015.  I haven't wrote them down yet, still working on tweaking them.  I am excited about each one of them. 

As I reflect back through 2014 - I am overwhelmed.  It has been a hard year in some ways.  I have been through a lot but I have come through it all and a stronger person because of it.  I have lost people in my life that I thought at the time were my friends.  I have been talked about, behind my back, called so many different names and told things on me that were not true.  I have been hurt more than I thought that I could ever be hurt.  One of them, I am still working on getting over and moving onward. 

Through all of these let downs by other people, I have learned so much about myself.  I have learned that I am stronger than I thought that I was at the time.  I have learned that I can get through anything - as long as I have the Lord on my side.  I have learned that even when people say they are your friends it doesn't mean they truly are your friends.  The best thing is ... I have learned that my family has my back.  They are always there for me, especially when I am at my lowest. 

I am learning to move on .... to leave these people behind.  God will have other friends, better friends, out there for me.  There are lessons to be learned with each one.  Some I may know now and some I may not know until later and that is ok.  God will bring me through all of this and make me a bigger and stronger person for it. 

I had some good things happen through last year.  I was treasurer of our recreation department and I took over as President this year.  I did a lot of praying and seeking God before I took over and I have peace that this is the direction he is taking me.  I am not honest if I didn't tell you I was a little nervous but I am sure I will be able to handle it.  I just want to take care of these kids.  This is a passion of mine - to make sure these kids have a place to play sports.  Another journey .....

There are things in my life I want to change in 2015.  I want to be healthier .... and in the process finally lose this weight.  I want to be more organized - with my business, personal and my home.  I want to get closer with God and have more quiet time.  I want to have time to read, work a puzzle or just have some 'me' time.   Be better with money - save more, keep working on getting out of debt and give more.  These are on my goals list for the new year.  Now, I just have to make a plan to make sure I can work on each one of them.  I am so excited to let 2014 go and bring in a new year. 

Here I come ... 2015!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment