Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bumps in the road ...

First let me appologized for not posting in a couple of months.  I have been letting life live me ... The past couple of months have been crazy to say the lest, but I never took control and got a handle on things.  I just let life take hold of me.  Not anymore!!! 

I have been thinking the past couple of days on life's bumps in the road.  Everything seems to be going along fine ..... then darn if things don't seem to go right.  All the plans that you made are not coming to light.  In fact, some of them are totally unraveling.  

This always, always happens when I have money in savings and planning on doing this with it or that with it.  Usually about this time of year, I plan on putting money away for Christmas.  I dont' want Christmas to be stressful and I don't have any credit cards anymore.  One thing you have to understand about me is ... I love to buy presents for Christmas.   However, something always happens and my money that I had plans for .. is gone.  You know those things ... car breaks down, an appliance tears up or etc.  Mine was my oldest son.  I am not blaming him, in the least.  It wasn't his fault, but my money isn't there anymore. 

Through all of this though I have learned a few things (it about time) ... that the Lord doesn't want us to make plans without Him.  To be honest, I haven't been asking him what direction I should be going in .. should I do this or do that.  No wonder things don't work out for me ... duh!!  The Lord wants us to bring everything to Him; nothing is too big or too small. 

Another thing is relying on Him and NOT what is in my bank account.  OHHH .. this one I am still working on ... Here again, I have to be totally honest ... this is one is really hard for me.  I can feel my anxiety level creeping up each time I look at the very very small balance that is in the savings account.  I am not putting my total TRUST in God.  I am putting it in my bank account.  Oh Lord, please be patient with me on this one and please give me your forgiveness in not fully trusting you.

Life gives us bumps in the road.  Some are small one and some are big ones.  I just try to get over them the best I can and see what lesson I am suppose to learn from them. Most of the time the Lord is trying to get my attention on something that I need to work on.  I think too that bumps in the road could be made easier if we have a good attitude about them and rely on God to help get us over them. 

I promise I will be posting more ... I have gotten to really enjoy posting, more than I thought that I would.  I just have to take one step at a time.  Not try to do too much too fast.  It takes time ......

Thanks for reading my blog and I hope that you will continue to do so.  May God Bless each and everyone of you.  May God give you Grace to learn from your bumps in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment