Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Memories

I can not believe that it is 3 days until Christmas.  It keeps coming faster and faster each year.  I remember when I was a child it seems like it took forever to get here and now ... way too fast. 

This is the first year with my new sweet granddaughter.  She is too young this year to really know anything, she will be 6 months old.  It is still going to be great.  She is so sweet.  I love being a grandmother.



We went to my sister's yesterday for our family Christmas.  On the drive down, I got to thinking about Christmas past.  I have a lot of fond memories growing up of Christmas.  It was my dad's favorite time of year.  He would always make such a big deal out of it. 

One of my memories was - we would try to see who could get up the earliest.  We had this competition going with the neighbors across the street.  I think it ended with us getting up once at 4:30 am .. we would open presents and all go back to bed.  I am so glad that my kids never started this tradition.  I made sure they didn't ....

Another favorite memory of mine was my grandparents would take all the grand kids every year to look at Christmas lights downtown Chattanooga.  Back then, the businesses would decorate their windows.  We would walk around downtown and eat at Krystal's.  We would always sing Christmas songs.  I still remember it like it was yesterday. 



There are so many more memories of Christmas as a child.  I have tried to make memories for my kids.  As they have grown up our traditions have changed.  One we still love is going on Christmas eve to eat a Waffle House and then looking at lights.  When we get home we always watch a Christmas movie. 

What are some of your childhood Christmas memories?  Do you do any of the same ones with your family? 

No comments:

Post a Comment