Monday, January 20, 2014

changes

On a journey, especially one losing weight, it is hard to not get bogged down with how much we still need to lose or the changes that we still need to make, but we have to look at things differently. 

We need to see the changes that we have already made, whether big or small.   I have a hard time with this one because I get so mad at myself for not making the best or right choice for a meal.  Just like the other night, I ate a very small piece of pizza.  Now for some of you that isn't that big of deal, but for me it is a big deal.  I knew that the pizza, no matter the size, would give me a headache from the carbs, but I choose to eat it anyway.  And yes, I ended up with a big headache. 

Instead of looking at that moment of failure, I have to learn to see it differently.  At one time in my life I would have eaten more than that very small piece and not thought twice about it.  I would have eaten 3 or 4 pieces and paid the price later.

Or my addition to Dr. Peppers that I had at one time.  I was drinking 6 to 8 per day, and some days it was more.  However, 4 years ago, I walked away from them - cold turkey.  (not sure that was the best choice, but I did it and made it though the withdrawals) I haven't had one since that day. 

Other milestones, I have cut my carb intake way down, even though I still have my  moments I do really good with keeping my carbs down.  I don't think this is for everyone but I have found this is for me.  My body just can't handle all the carbs.  Find what works best of you and your body.  And as always, please consult your doctor before starting a diet plan. 

It is all about the small changes that we make ..... one step forward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment