Sunday, February 16, 2014

I loved my devotion for today.  It really hits me because of so much stuff that I have been going through over the past couple of weeks and even month.  It was fitting and so hit the spot.

I have had to make decisions that were not easy ones to make.  In doing so I have come under personal attack.  I have been offended and hurt by people. We have to take a stand when things aren't right, even if it means we are blamed for other people's down fall. 

 Here is my devotion today ... Joyce Meyer

Go to God First
One time a member of my extended family did something that really hurt me, and I felt rejected as a result.  After it happened, I was sitting in the car in a lot of emotional pain and I said, "God I need you to comfort me.  I don't want to feel like this.  I don't want to get bitter or develop resentment.  I've experienced this same kind of pain from this person before and I don't want my day to be ruined by it.  But I'm having trouble handling it and I have to have your help."
Do you know what happened?  God took the pain and all my bad feelings went away!  But how many times, instead of running to Him in prayer, do we turn to other people, mistakenly thinking that telling them all about what happened will comfort us, but it doesn't.  The truth is that talking about something that hurt us only stirs up the pain in our emotions more and makes it more difficult to overcome.  We tend to do everything we can think of before turning to God, and nothing ever changes the situation.  We would be so much better off if our first response to every emergency and every kind of emotional pain were to pray.  If we will depend totally on God, letting Him know that we need Him more than anyone or anything, we will experience major breakthroughs in our lives.

I so believe this.  This is something that God is showing me, right this minute.  These words just jump right out me.  Especially where it says that it makes it more difficult to overcome - that those words have meaning to me and are shouting at me. 

So, this morning I have been praying for the people who have offended me and/or hurt me in any way.  I pray that God will give me comfort and allow me to forgive them.  I am letting God take this pain and give me peace. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment