Monday, August 3, 2015

Always growing

I think we can never get too old to stop growing.  I know that I always strive to keep learning and striving to be better than I was yesterday.  That is one reason that I love to read and I love to read books on spiritual growth.

I finished my book "Life Interrupted" by Priscilla Shirer - awesome and amazing book.  It is about Jonah and his life in the belly of the whale.  I have always loved this story about Jonah but I have never really dug into the story.  This book does that and it is amazing look into this story.  It is a great read ....  Priscilla is a great writer.  I highly recommend this book. 
The book is about life's interruptions - good or bad.  We all have them.  They're aggravating and sometimes infuriating.  But how we handle interruptions actually tells us more about ourselves.  We, like Jonah, tend to run from interruptions.  When major pains and minor problems cause a hiccup in our carefully calculated plans and goals we head in the opposite direction. 

I wish I could put everything I learned about after reading this book, but I would be writing a new book.  Add it to your must read list ....

Now .. onto my next book.  I didn't think I could top the book I just read but I have done just that ...  "The Best Yes" by Lysa Terkeurst.  Just started it last night but I can't seem to put it down.  OMG!!  Powerful book!! 

"Are you living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul?"

The first thing that hits me and it is in big letter so I don't miss it.  We must not confuse the command to love with the disease to please.  OMG - this is so me!!  I am always doing this ... Are you?    

If we are to be Best Yes Girls, we have to long for unbroken companionship with God.  The one who obeys God's instruction for today will develop a keen awareness of His direction for tomorrow.  

I am going to be sharing some of the things I am learning as I read through this book.  I am also going to do the Bible Study that goes with it.  I will do it after I get finished reading the book.  I hope in my sharing what I learn and my stories ... I can help someone else.   

No comments:

Post a Comment