Sunday, August 9, 2015

"My Best Yes"

I have just finished reading the most amazing book - "The Best Yes" by Lysa TerKeurst.  It really hit home with me.  The biggest thing for me was learning how to chase your choices.   In the past I haven't been thinking about where my decisions on each choice will lead me. 

One of my biggest area that I need this help in is with food.  I am not overweight because I ate like I was suppose to.  I know that I don't have a Thyroid and that will make my weight issues harder but it isn't the total problem. My lack of making "The Best Yes" to each food decision is where the problem lies.  Have I always thought about each food choice before I eat?  Have I chased the decision to where it will lead me down the road?  NO

That is changing today .... no more just putting something in my mouth with me asking myself, "Is this my Best yes?"  or "Will this food get me to my goal" 

Another area is with my finances.  I have not always made the right choices.  I can look back over the past many years to can see clearly that I did not make The Best Yes decisions.  If I would have done better with them years ago we wouldn't had to file for bankruptcy all those years ago.  Also, we would not be in debt now.  I am working on getting us out, again, but what if I had the right choices to begin with? 

There is no sense in punishing ourselves for choices that are in the past.  We can only learn from them and gain wisdom.  That is what I am going to focus on .... growing wisdom. 

I know too that I can NOT do this on my own.  Look where it got me - overweight and in debt.  I need the Lord' help in making sure that I am making "The Best Yes" decisions.  That I am chasing the decision before I make them.  I want to live so that other people can see Christ through me and I haven't been living this way.  I have been overwhelmed and stressed - all because I haven't been living my best. 

This all changes today ....  I am excited about "My Best Yes" and what the Lord has in store for me. Thank you Lord for bringing this book to me and for bringing to my attention the areas of my life that I need to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment