Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Perfect Love

What is perfect love? It is a question I have been asking myself this week.  It is in the first lesson of the online Bible study -#perfectlove. 

One thing I have learned and realized while thinking on this question is God is the only one that is perfect love.  We have to depend on Him and not people.  People can hurt us, let us down and leave us but NOT God. 

When I really truly realized this and let it all sink in - this amazing peace just came over me.  I will be putting God first and foremost in my life.  He will not hurt me, let me down or leave me.  He doesn't judge me.  He loves me for who he created!!!  He LOVES me - unconditional love!!   WOW!!!  Don't just think about it, but let it sink into your heart about how awesome this truly is ... 

Another area that I haven't let myself in or anyone else is my past.  There are things in my past that I haven't wanted to face, talk about or let anyone else know what happened.  I was ashamed and didn't want to hurt other people or myself all over again.  However, when you do let yourself go to that dark place it is so freeing!!

 
I also learned from a friend of mine that God wants to use my past to glorify Him.  He can use my testimony to help others.  This is something I am working on.  It is still hard to say the words out loud.  Some things that happened wasn't my fault, but there are a couple of things that it is because of the choice I made at the time.  This is a journey that I am on and praise God that He is with me each step of the way. 

True happiness comes only from GOD!!!! 

Continuing on my journey ....

No comments:

Post a Comment