I am excited and scared all at the same time. Have I lost my mind this time. Can this really work and be this simple. That is what I am going to find out. Let me explain ...
As you know I have been wanting - struggling to lose weight since I was in college. I have tried just about every diet, but just couldn't stay on them. Some of them are off the deep end - in expectation of staying on it for life. I watch Big Loser and sit and cry.
I have been praying about this for years, in hope that God would tell me what I was doing wrong and how to fix what I was doing wrong. I would keep reading and searching for answers. Well, I think I have finally come across the answer to my question.
I have known for years that my metabolism is all out of whack. I am sure partly due to my yo-yo dieting since high school (even though I was not fat back then - I still went on diets) and probably from my not having a thyroid. The book is called "The Metabolism Miracle" by Diane Kress, RD, CDE. I started reading it Saturday and couldn't put it down. The things she describe in the book is sooo me!!! WOW!! It is like she knew me and what I was thinking and have been going through for years.
She explains how everyone's metabolism is different - therefore, everyone can't eat the same or exercise the same. There is A and B metabolism - and I have B. The one that doesn't work or is sluggish.
Here are a list of clues to metabolism B - if you identify twelve or more than I suggest you go to her website and get more information http://www.themetabolismmiracle.com/ - she has a test that you can take to see what metabolism you are.
* You tire easily & frequently feel fatigued, even upon awakening.
* You feel mildly depressed.
* You feel an energy slump in the late afternoon.
* You frequently feel anxious.
* You crave carbohydrate foods, such as bread, chips, sweets, or pasta.
* Your midsection has a roll of fat.
* You gain weight easily and find it difficult to lose weight.
* You have trouble sleeping.
* You are often forgetful and worry about your short-term memory.
* You have racing thoughts.
* Your sexual drive has declined.
* You find it difficult to focus and concentrate and are easily distracted.
* Bright light or headlights at night bother you.
* You are irritable and have a "short fuse".
* You have increased sensitivity to aches and pains.
* Your eyes frequently tear up and at other times feel dry and irritated.
* You have frequent dull headaches.
* You feel slightly dizzy, flushed, or "weak in the knees" after even a little bit of alcohol.
I actually checked off ALL of them. Now you may be thinking that these could be signs of other things such as: menopause, chronic fatigue syndrome, midlife, and even a high-stress job. But at the end of eight weeks on Step One many symptoms from the checklist will disappear along with weight because the symptoms stem for untreated Metabolism B.
I started Step One yesterday - I have cut out almost ALL of my carbs including sugar. The first couple of days is suppose to be the hardest - but I am determined to make it through. Of course I really prayed over this and that God will give me the desire and willpower to make it through the first eight weeks and especially the first three days.
I will keep you all posted as I journal about my journey down this road to not only losing weight but to finally FEEL BETTER!!!