Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weight loss -- Wednesday

Last week I talked about the small changes that I am making to help me loss weight.  The number 1 thing I am changing is sitting at the table while I ate, a meal or a snack.  That is still going pretty good.  I have still caught myself several times standing while I was sneaking a snack or eating in the car, because I was on the run and didn't plan too well.  I am still working on this ... but I am doing better than before.

#2 - Drinking more WATER!!!  I have to be totally honest here.  I have a really hard time with this one.  I dont' like to drink water.  Not sure why ... I just don't like it.  For one thing, I dont' like walking around with a drink in my hand.  I don't really drink a lot.   Which brings me to my question.  How much water do we really need?  I have read different reports that we should drink 64 oz each day.  Then one report I read said we need to drink half of our body weight.  Ok .. that would be a really really lot of water.  I don't think I could find that much time in the day to drink all that water and then the time to spend in the restroom.   I asked my doctor one time about how much to drink and he told me that my body would tell me when it was thirsty and when it has had enough.  So, how much do we really need?  Will we ever know the true answer? 

I do have to brag on myself.  I use to be addicted to Dr. Pepper's.  Each day was different in how much I drank.  Some days I would only drink one, then some days I could drink as much as six cans.  I loved it!! I loved the taste.  I just decided one day to walk away.  I drank about 1/4 of the can and haven't picked up another can of Dr. Pepper.  I just wish someone would of told me what the withdrawals was going to be like.  Holy cow .. that was bad and I didn't pick the best time of the year to go cold turkey from caffeine.  It was the first week of school.  I think I had a headache for 2 weeks.   It has been almost 1 1/2 yrs since that day and I can honestly say I have not picked back up a Dr. Pepper and I don't want one.  (now to do that with food)

So, I keep telling myself that if I can walked away from Dr. Pepper's, I can drink water.  I just have to keep working on this ... I do drink unsweet tea, hot tea with honey and a little bit of coffee.  That is why this is a journey to losing weight .. one small step at a time. 

Do you drink water?  How do you find ways to drink water, by adding lemons, ice cold, etc?

Step 3 next week .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment