Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Believing God

I just wanted to tell you a little bit about myself, spiritually.  I am a Christian, from a Baptist background.  I know that the Jesus died on the cross for my sins. 

I am growing so much in my spiritual life, but I know that I have a ways to go.  God works on me each and everyday.  Thank goodness that He is working in me. 

I have Faith, but not where it should be, by no means.  I have faith that He will take care of my kids, but there are areas, that I am not trusting Him with, and that is not what He wants from me.  

He wants us to lean ALL of us on Him.  Do you do that?  What areas are you not giving to God?



Philippians 4:6 & 7
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 
Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 

I love to listen and follow Joyce Meyer Ministries.  She has been talking, this week, about Faith.  Oh how I have needed to hear those words that she has been speaking.  It is like God is speaking directly to me, through her. 

She was saying, that in order to have Faith we need to be praying - saying - doing.  We are to pray about the areas that we are needing help.  Then we are to say the promises that God talks about in the Bible and say the scriptures to back them up.  Finally, we are to do, what God is telling us to do, not what we want to do. 

So this is my goal for the week, starting today.  I am going to be praying about my financial situation, my weight issue and anything else that will come to mind.  Then I am going to go around saying God's promises, just like the ones above.  And lastly, I am going to do whatever He is telling me to do.

I certainly don't need to keep doing what I have been doing.  It isn't working for me.  It is the main reason we are in the mess that we are in.  So, Lord, please guide and direct me. 

What are some of the things you will be praying for?  I would be glad to pray along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment