Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Eager to get going

I am so excited about this blog and all this things that I want to do with it.  I want to write about the things I  am learning, and there are so many. 

As I try to figure out the best way to get out of debt.  Which I am trying, and firmly believe in, Dave Ramsey's -  Financial Peace. I am just trying to make the right decisions, so that we can see results.  We have a big hole to climb our way out of, but with God's grace and direction, I know that we will be able to do it. 

Through this journey of getting ourselves out of debt, I am hoping that I will be able to help someone else NOT make the same mistakes that we did.  I wish I could say that we didn't get into debt to begin with, but we have and now it is a long road back to being DEBT FREE.  So, please follow along, and dont' be afraid to give me advice and help me along the way. 

Another area that I get so excited about learning is trying to run my household better.  I am working on trying to cut back money in all different kinds of areas, with my grocery bill being at the front.  I do cut coupons, but I am not the best at it, as some of you are.

I have, for the past couple of weeks, been doing a weekly meal plan and let me say this, "I love doing this".  It has been a great experience and I am looking forward to doing this each week and trying to do it twice a month, until I work up to once a month menu.  I know that this will help my grocery bill - it already has. 

My most exciting thing that I want to bring to this post is the spiritual growth.  I love reading the Bible and books on every subject there is about God.  I am growing so much in this area, but I know that I still have much more to learn.  I am not where I want to be, but thank goodness, I am not where I use to be.

In this section, I want to post how to read through your Bible in a year.  This is something that I have done and am currently working on.  So, by the end of this year, I will have it posted for the upcoming year.  It has been a wonderful blessing to me and I have learned so many different things. 

I really hope and pray that I will bring to this blog something for everyone.  If there is something you would like to see more of, please let me know.  I am here for you.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment