Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where is the time going?  It is hard to believe that October is almost over with and Halloween is this coming weekend.   Then that means Thanksgiving is right around the corner, with Christmas hot on it's trail. 

I am not sure about you, but I absolutely love the holidays.  I love Thanksgiving and all the food.  There is nothing about Christmas, that I don't like. 

What are some of your plans for the holidays?  Do you host Thanksgiving at your house?  How many people do you have over? 

I host Thanksgiving at my house.  It has been handed down to me and I love it.  It was at my grandmother's for years, until she got sick.  Then, it became my mother's turn to host Thanksgiving.  Now, it has become my turn.  I wouldn't trade it for nothing. 

I have about 30 to 35 people over for Thanksgiving.  We do a covered dish.  I cook the turkey and my grandmother's famous dressing.   My grandmother's dressing is the best, and I was fortunate enough to get to learn her recipe.  It took me years to master, because she never had the recipe wrote down.  It is a little of this and a little of that.    This is something that I have cherished for years and look forward to handing down the recipe to my daughter or granddaughter one day. 

How do you prepare for the holidays?  Do you do a checklist or a to do list?  I know that I have to.  I will be posting it within the week.  I have a list of to dos the week before Thanksgiving and would love to share with you.  I would love to see what your list entails.  Hope that you will share with us.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment