Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas

I just can't tell you how much I love this time of year.  I am the biggest kid when it comes to Christmas.  It is hard to put into words just how excited I get this time of year. 

Here are a few things that I like about the holidays -

1.  As crazy as it sounds, but I love the smell of Christmas.  With all the baking that goes on in my kitchen, from cookies, sausage balls to all kinds of different candies. 

2. I love Christmas movies.  I drive my family crazy because I love ALL the movies this time of year.  I love the ones on Hallmark and Lifetime channels.  Oh and then there are my all time favorites - Home Alone, Christmas with the Krank's, Jingle All the way and Deck the Halls.  I cant' tell you how many times I have seen these movies, but I just can't get enough.  These are a MUST for the holiday season.

3.  I love the traditions that are made during the holidays.  I am not sure about your family, but we have had some crazy traditions when I was growing up.  I will have to do a separate post on those.  One of our favorites now is, we go to eat at Waffle House Christmas eve and then ride around looking at lights.  I am the one that likes looking at lights but my kids always start gripping  ... of well. 

4.  I love to give to others.  I do try to do this all year long, but there is something about this time of year that brings out the best in people.  If I was rich, I would make a great Santa Clause.  Even though, I am not rich, I still try to do my part in helping out the needy, especially the kids.  I don't like to see kids doing without.  It breaks my heart.  (Like I said, I do try to do this all year long)

These are a few of the reasons I love this time of year.  So, you will have to excuse me if I just seem to be bursting at the seams - I really am. 

Let me not forget to mention that one of the main reasons is the birth of Jesus.  What a precious gift that was? 

I would love to hear some of your favorite things about Christmas?

Also, look for my post on some of our crazy family traditions.  What are some of your family traditions? I would love to hear some.  I will include them in my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment