Friday, November 5, 2010

Final Thyroid Story

Well, this is the conclusion to my thyroid story. 

It has been almost 10 years since I found out that I had to have thyroid surgery and that I had thyroid cancer.  It has been a long journey.  Some of it, being good and some of it, not being easy, but I have come through it and am a fighter. 

Each year, since my surgery, I have had to have a I-130 Whole Body scan done.  It meant that I had to come off my medication for two to four weeks.  That was always the worse part of the whole test.  It was horrible having to come off my medication, but I knew it was something I had to do.  I tried not to worry about each test and the results, but it is hard, not too.  I am so very thankful to God, that they all came out negative for anymore cancer. 

I really don't think I could have gotten through any of this ordeal without God's grace.  There were days that I didn't feel like getting out of bed, but I knew that I had too.  With God's grace, I was able to do just the things that I had to get done.  With God's grace, my husband and kids were fabulous through all of this.  They were there from day one and are still there for me now.  I just can't thank them or God enough for being there for me.

Now for the future - I am not sure what it holds.  I am suppose to have another Whole Body scan done, but now there is a new test that I don't have to come totally off my medication.  Thank you Lord for that.   I know that there is so much more to learn about thyroid cancer and being hypothyroid. 

I am wanting to post the things that I find so that we can all learn together.  I would love to hear from any of you that have thyroid issues and things you have learned.  Maybe we can all learn together.

Thank you for letting me share my story with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment