Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sausage Balls

Here is the first family recipe for the holidays.  My family loves these and they are already wanting some.  They are easy to make and a great little snack or finger food for a party.  I can never make enough of these during the holidays. 

1 lb of sausage - any kind that you like
1 pkg. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups of Bisquick

Mix together thoroughly, shape into small balls.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.


Cheese & Bisquick mixed together

Mixing in Sausage with cheese & Bisquick

Sausage balls ready for oven or freezer

**These are great frozen too.  Just place balls on cookie sheet and freeze.  After frozen place in a freezer zip-lock bag.  Can cook frozen - longer time or you can thaw and then cook. ** 

4 comments:

  1. Sound yummy! I'm always looking for quick and easy finger foods for the Holidays. Will def try these! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think this would work without cheese? My husband loves sausage in his spaghetti but he's allergic to whey (therefore no milk or milk products).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think it would work without cheese - you may want to put alittle bit more Bisquick. let me know how they turn out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try this tonight!

    ReplyDelete