Thursday, November 11, 2010

To do list for Thanksgiving

Ok, as promised, here is my to-do list, for the week of Thanksgiving. 

My first year, of having Thanksgiving at my house, stressed me out.  I had a lady, tell me, to do a list of every single thing that needed to be done, whether I thought it was crazy or not.  I still have that original list and I go by it each year.  Of course, things have changed from it, but I honestly don't know, that I would have done without that one simple list. 

You don't have to go right by mine, use mine as an example.  Hopefully it will help you get going.

Here is mine:

Week of Thanksgiving:

Monday & Tuesday
1. Clean house - go back through and do a deep clean
2. Wash Clothes - that way you don't have to worry about this at the end of the week
3. Clean off back porch
4. Check grocery list - this is to make sure that I have everything that I need. 
5. Start thawing turkey - Monday
6. Cook cornbread - 4 pans - Tuesday

Wednesday:
1. Cook chicken - AM - for dressing
2. Make dressing - afternoon
3. Make sure turkey is thawed
4. Get turkey ready for cooking PM
5. Get extra tables out and clean them
6. Pre-cook dressing - PM
7. Buy bags of ice

Thanksgiving Day: (these times are from last year)
1. Cook turkey - 3 hrs - 8:00am
2. Cook dressing - 30 min - 11:30
3. Cook Green beans - 30 min - 11:45
4. Cook potatoes - 30 min - 11:00
5. Make potato salad -
6. Cook Macaroni & cheese - 20 min - 12:00
7. Make tea - sweet & unsweet - AM
8. Cook rolls - 12:00
9. Set up tables - 12:00
9. Get out all paper products - 12:00

No comments:

Post a Comment