Sunday, January 16, 2011

good things to come ...

Sorry I have been missing for a couple of days.  It has been crazy around here with all the snow and the kids being home from school for the week.  I am ready for things to get back to normal and back to a routine. 

I have read another book (still reading Power Thoughts), that my mom sent me, by the Slob Sisters, 'Get Your Act Together.'  I am not sure if you have heard of them or not, or have read any of their books.  They are an organizing pair of sisters from the late 70's - 90's.   This book is about a 7 day get-organized program for the overworked, overbooked and overwhelmed.  It is the funniest book I have read in awhile.  There were times in the book, I thought they were looking inside my house and my life.  They say that everything is tied to being un-organized, even losing weight.  Which by the way, they give some pointers and fool proof ways to lose weight, and I will be trying.

There are many things I have taken from this book - big and small.  I going to put some of their suggestions into play this coming week.  My family may not like some of the changes, but I honestly can't take much more of the way things are.  I am tired of being their slave ...

I can't wait to tell you all the things that I learned and how they worked on my household.  I am will to make the necessary changes to get my life in order. 

Speaking of order ---  I have been thinking of things I want to do here on my blog.  I want to stay organized in regards to my posts.   So I am working on creating certain days for certain subjects.  I know that a lot of different bloggers do this on their blogs such as: Hoosier Homemade - she has cupcake Tuesday.  I am wanting to do a certain day for weight loss, recipes and household (which will include cleaning tips, organizing, etc.) and maybe a book reading day.   I think I will try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes ---  Household Monday --- Weight Loss Wednesday --- Recipe Friday!!!

Let me know what you think of these days.  Do you do a theme day on your blog??? 

What are somethings that you would like me to cover on these days?  What recipes would you like to see - Quick & Easy, Chicken, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment