Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Power Thinking Book ....

How amazing this book it.  I am so loving it.  I have my highlighter in hand and doing a lot of marking in my book.   Here are some more information that I want to share with you.  I would love to share it all, but that would take forever ... so I am doing some highlight information. 

Chapter 4 - On Purpose Thinking

We have the ability to make ourselves happy or sad by what we choose to think.  The Bible says we must be satisfied with the consequences of our words, whether they are good or evil. Proverbs 18:20

We often allow ourselves to buy into the world's idea of a "great life".  We may equate greatness with fame, fortune, athletic success, celebrity status, remarkable business or scientific achievements or physical attractiveness.  But none of these things constitutes a truly great life.  In fact, some of the most famous and wealthy people in the world are some of the most miserable ones.  To really have a great life, I  believe a person has to have love, peace, joy, right standing with God, good relationships, and other qualities the world does not necessarily consider "great."  Without these things how could anyone's life be great?  Just think about it:  what do we really have without peace and joy; life is full of strife and misery; and no one considers that a great way to live.

Think about it:

What is your own personal definition of a great life?

No comments:

Post a Comment