A new year is a time for a new you (please note, anytime I say you -- I am so meaning me)!!! It is a time to make changes to become a better you.
In thinking about how to make the changes that I want to make this year ... I started panicking and doubting how I was going to do such "BIG" tasks. So, as I was laying in bed thinking about this and praying ... it hit me. All, I have to do is make choices EACH DAY of the changes that I want to make. So ... I want to lose weight is one of my goals for 2011. That means each day I make the right choices ... exercise, drink more water, make healthier food choices ... sounds simple enough to me.
Breaking all my goals down to a day is going to make it so much easier and more manageable. To make it even easier .. I am going to set monthly goals. Such as -- my goal to Declutter my house. I am setting up a goal to work on one room per month. I know that might sound crazy, but my life is hectic, and this way I don't have to feel overwhelmed and a failure if I had set my goals for each week. Things in life do happen ... Of course, I am wanting to de-clutter, paint, re-organize and set back up each room. That is going to be a lot of work, but I cant' wait.
I hope that you come along for this year long journey I am on. To change myself, little by little, day by day. I am so looking forward to this new challenge. Of course, I can't do any of it without God's help. I have already tried that .. didn't work.
Let the fun begin ....
Here is a sample of my Goals and them broken down ... (Don't feel that you have to do exactly as I am doing. Each person is different in setting and achieving goals. Find what works best for you. )
1 - Lose Weight
January - I am going to focus on drinking more water -
February - Exercise
March - Better Food choice
* Even though I will be making better choices each day - these months it will be my main focus. **
2 - Finances
- working on my budget - getting it more fine toned - trying out Mvelopes to see if I like this program
- Snowball Debt - working on getting things paid off
- Grocery Bill - working to get it cut down even more
3 - De-clutter House
Jan. - Mary's room
Feb - My bedroom
March - Mark's Bedroom
April - Thomas' Bedroom
4 - Getting Closer to God
- Spending 20 to 30 minutes with God each day in prayer, Bible time, quiet time
- Study areas that I needing help in
- Read Joyce Meyer's book "Power Thoughts" and work through the book