Thursday, January 13, 2011

Setting your mind ....

I love watching Biggest Loser, but tonight it seems different.  While I am watching, I am usually sitting here thinking "How can they do all they do?"  "Why can't I?"

After reading today in Power Thoughts I have a better understanding.  Joyce talks about setting our mind and keeping it set.  She says:

Once you set your mind according to the truth of God's principles for a good life, you need to keep it set and not allow outside forces to reshape your thinking. 

When we go on a diet, we must apply this principle of 'setting your mind and keeping it set', in order to be successful.  People who have set their minds will stick with their decision, realizing that they have to make it through the hungry times in order to eventually get the result they desire.

This same principle must be applied to every area in which we need to make a change.  It can be applied to exercise, getting out of debt, cleaning out the garage, or any number of other things.

Some people spend their entire life starting and quitting.  They never follow through.  They may set their mind but when temptation comes, when things get difficult, they don't keep it set.

Whatever challenges you the most, decide NOW that you are going to set your mind for victory.

Recognizing your weak areas and knowing what kinds of situation are challenging to you in life is wise.  Firmly, setting your mind to overcome them is the pathway to victory.


So .. I am setting your mind to ---  Getting out of debt --- Losing weight -- getting my house organized.   This time I am NOT going to quit -- I am going to follow through -- no matter what it takes or how long it takes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment